Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Why Organic?

Kids ask good questions. When our God Son was here a couple weeks ago he noticed all the organic food. It was cute, I'd bring something out, and he'd go, "and let me guess, Jenny, it's O-R-G-A-N-I-C right?!" He finally asked, why all the organic food? Well it forced me to try to come up with a good reason.

Here's what I told him:

I belive in organic for 3 reasons...

1. Better for the family- I like reducing the amount of chemicals we are eating.
2. Better for the farm workers- Farm workers, especailly in other countries, become very sick and from ongoing exposure to pesticides.
3. Better for the environment- when pesticides are used they find their way into waterways and can harm wildlife as well.

No comments:

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.