Saturday, July 7, 2007

Aveda Salon




I wanted to give my review of the Aveda salon, Troy Michael Salon in Sebastopol (if you don't live in Sonoma County you can try going to their salon locater to find out if there is one near you). I loved it. I had a hair facial. Did not know such a thing existed, but it was wonderful. It consisted of an essential oil, scalp, neck, and shoulder massage, and a deep conditioning treatment. Then I had my trim. You'd think long straight hair would not be that hard to cut straight but as Erica and I lamented awhile back- it does seem to be a challenge to find someone who can do it well. She was very detail oriented, and I believe it was the straightest cut I have ever gotten.

I noticed an Aveda poster in the salon about Earth Month, April 2007, and I asked her what they did. She told me that every year they pick an environmental issue to focus on and this year it was water. She spouted off some statistics about clean issues world wide, I was impressed that she had learned this from Aveda. As stated on their website; "Aveda has raised more than $6 million for environmental causes since 1999 through our Earth Month campaigns." I love to find a company with a heart.

Oh, by the way I saw Coco and the number for the salon is (707) 829-2100. Also, I got a large size shampoo, and if you ask they will give you a pump. It will last a long time and will be a great bottle to re-use (I love having bottles with pumps in the shower).

3 comments:

Emily said...

Aveda's training school is in Minneapolis where I lived for 5 years so my friends and I would go there for dirt cheap facials, massages, haircuts etc.....while they "practiced" on us. It was wonderful!! I agree with you that Aveda is a great company and I love the way their products smell!

jellybeanmichelle said...

So, let's a picture of your new hair-do!
I could use a massage right now.
Can you also donate your hair at that salon?

Jennifer Krug said...

If you saw me you wouldn't even know I got my hair cut- just my yearly (yes, yearly) trim. Nothing exciting.

You can check out www.locksoflove.org/donate.html
for information on how to donate hair. You can go to any salon and then just take your hair and follow the instructions on the website on how to send it in.

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.