Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Buying hand-made online

My friend Jen introduced me to the site: etsy.com (I am sure this is just one of many sites like this but I really like etsy and have had good experiences with it)
Everything sold is made by hand.
Items range from pottery, to jewelry, to clothing, to kid's toys, to ......you name it!
It's a great way to support "grass-roots" creativity and avoid the "made in china" stuff.
Any creative green mommies out there can also use etsy.com to sell whatever it is you make to earn a little cash on the side (Jennifer, how about selling your organic hand sewn cloth napkins : )
Everything I have purchased from etsy has been beautiful and the service/delivery is great.

We are heading out of town today and time is ticking away so I will summarize my "green journey" next Tuesday. Happy Fourth everyone!

3 comments:

Jennifer Krug said...

Fun site Emily, thanks! But, um, no- don't think I'll be selling my homemake organic napkins on there, ha, ha!

nathan's_mom said...

Oh, and I'll shameless plug for my good friend who sells her hand made (yes, hand made) jewelry there, she's in Forestville:

http://jeweleyeful.etsy.com

nathan's_mom said...

that should have said "I'll *add* a
shameless plug...

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.