Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Habits

Just thought I'd share a habit I'm trying to change and my observation of how long it can take to change a habit.

I have a vanity in our room right under a window where I put my make-up on every morning. I have a lighted make-up mirror. About a month back I decided to open the blinds instead of turn on the light (what a concept). Even after a month, just about every morning I put my hand on the knob, stop myself, get up and open the blinds. Someday soon, I'm sure, I'll start opening the blinds BEFORE I sit down, and not even think about it.

I've now gone through the process of changing enough habits that when I notice myself going through it again, I just chuckle to myself and think, "I wonder how long it will take me this time!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed you guys were talking about high heels and I wanted to share something with you that you might be interested in...

A little over 2 years ago, my husband and I were married in Los Angeles, California. Unfortunately, the day of our wedding was spoiled with rain. We have been having the wedding out on the grass and believe it or not, I was wearing high heeled shoes! They have been ruined by the end in the day :(

Even though this was one on the worst experiences I've ever had with my shoes, it in fact led my sister in law to create a merchandise which is just awesome! It is already been featured on TV shows like the Girls of the Playboy Mansion, and also the show Kendra.

Heels Above will aid you protect your expensive heels from sinking in mud, slipping in cracks, and walking on sand and gravel. It is a new product, and I thought I'd share it with all of you.

They're taking orders now. It is possible to order one pair, or a few dozen for your big wedding day.

I hope you guys like it... If you've any questions, feel free to drop them an email on their internet site:
[url=http://www.heelsabove.com]Heels Above[/url]

Here's a photo of it in action:
[img]http://www.heelsabove.com/images/carousal_big/7.jpg[/img]

Lex

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.