Monday, July 9, 2007

Used Clothes

I am just loving shopping at consignment shops! I found two more this weekend. I'm not a big shopper and while at one I overhead a woman telling the clerk, "I don't like to shop, but I love to come here! The prices are cheep and it's so much more relaxed." I wanted to run over and say, "I know what you mean! I totally agree! And we're recycling!". But I didn't, I just smiled and kept shopping.

In Sebastopol:
Launch
Right next to the Troy Michael Aveda salon,
707 829-3312
www.myspace.com/launchyourself
(Doesn't tell you much about the store, but what the heck, check it out if you're bored and feel like getting sucked into the myspace void.)

and on Main Street...
I think it's called the Redwood General Store. It has more of a thrift store feel but organized a little better and stuff for the whole family. I'm going to bring in a bag of our stuff tomorrow and I'm hoping to do the majority of our shopping there and with the credits I get- I'm hoping to spend almost nothing on clothes (of course I'll have to keep bringing in bags of clothes- I'm envisioning a bag for a bag kind of thing).

2 comments:

nathan's_mom said...

I think PUNCH is also consignment...
it's on Mendocino nearest cross street College

Eco-Mom said...

I tried the Cotati Clothing store and got 4 shirts - two recycled and two bamboo. It was a challenge with A there, but nice. The great thing about places like this - other than price and atmosphere as pointed out by Jen - is the huge variety. The thrill of not knowing what lies in the rack for you!

Thanks for letting us know about those. We have a few here in Petaluma that I keep meaning to check out... I'll report back when I do.

And I like the shirt for a shirt idea!

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.