Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Fixed It

I typically buy fairly cheep sun glasses. Then after a year or so, they break. Then I throw them out, and get a new pair. Well last weekend my sun glasses broke and instead of throwing them out I thought I'd see if I could get them repaired. I took them to Lens Crafters and they happily fixed them for free. I hate to think of all the perfectly good sun glasses I've thrown away!

I'm going to try to get in the habit of asking myself, "can this be fixed?" before I throw it away.

1 comment:

Eco-Mom said...

That's great. I have been trying to be like that, too. Also looking at possible second use for items and containers. Sequoia uses this stuff for shakes, and we are saving the containers (though they can recycle) to store some of Avery's more scatter items.

I wouldn't have thought to take my cheap sunglasses there, so thanks for opening my eyes on that idea! :-)

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.