Friday, June 29, 2007

Green Cleaning - LAST of JEN'S 1 A DAY FOR 3 MONTHS!

Those 3 months when we had a house keeper were the happiest of my life...

Seriously though, I hate to clean. I know others out there are much better in this area than I am. The boys used those bath crayons to color the bath tub a few days back and tonight I got a burst of energy and got into one of those rare cleaning moods. I opened the cleaning cupboard, which has not been greened. I saw Simple Green. Usually I would use Clorox on the tub but that uses a lot of water and is pretty harsh so I thought I'd try the Simple Green. It worked great. I think out of my options, that was probably the best. I'm trying to decide if I should just replace my cleaning products as I use them up, or donate them to some place that would normally buy them and start from scratch.

This is the last post for my 3 months of one change a day! I'll do a post in the next week summarizing my experience. I will continue to post, I still have a lot of change I want to do. As I make changes I'll share them here, I'm just not going to hold myself to posting everyday.

I do hope we can keep the momentum going. Thanks Emily for the offer to do 1 or 2 weeks at a time. I look forward to seeing what develops. I think we have a fantastic little group and I will enjoy reading more about how this lifestyle change is affecting you and your families, and continuing to learn from everyone.

3 comments:

Erica said...

GO JENNIFER!

I like the idea of each of us having one day a week. Since there are seven of us. Or, since you've done 3 months so far, we can do the rest of us six and skip Sundays or something...

Emily said...

My preference would be to do a block of time all at once and then rotate blocks of time with whoever else wants to do it...

This is mostly due to the fact that half of the time I am not sure what day it is : ) and feel like I might forget my day....but if everyone else prefers rotating on a daily basis i can do that too.

jellybeanmichelle said...

Way to go Jenny!

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.