Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Pulling Weeds

After a long day with a sick kid, I'm not feeling real creative so I checked out the Green as a Thistle blog for some inspiration (I love her) and was reminded of something I've changed. Now we pull the little weeds that come up through the cracks in the patio. I'm ashamed to admit that our old method was to wait until you could hardly see the patio and then Calvin would go out and spray. I used to do almost anything to avoid pulling weeds, but now I actually enjoy it (a little). We are not good at yard work. I sometimes say we have black thumbs, but really we are just lazy. Keeping the little weeds out of the cracks is probably the first thing I feel like I've been really successful at in the back yard. I'm out with the kids anyway, and I'm starting to enjoy looking for the little things I can do while I'm out there to tend to things. Baby steps.

1 comment:

Eco-Mom said...

An old (larger-size) flat-head screwdriver is a great way to help gets those weeds out of cracks, and pop up the ones that won't pull easily (like the broad leaf kind). As a weed pulling fan - and slight addict (except for one part of my yard I can't seem to get ahead of the game with!) I am happy to hear you are somewhat enjoyng it. :-) It's a bit like therapy...

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.