Tuesday, June 19, 2007

On-line Activism

I have never thought of myself as an Activist... until very recently. Lately (thank you Emily) I have been getting a lot of emails with calls for action. I have made it a goal to do some sort of on-line activism (send a letter, sign a petition, etc.) at least once a week. There is so much out there, it's almost too easy not to!

Here is a great place to start (thanks Emily):

www.newdream.org/


After you do just about any kind of on-line activism, the group asks if you would like to send an email to your friends, asking them to do the same. I may begin to send out invitations for action now and then. If you ever get something from me you would rather not, please let me know right away.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's great Jennifer. It really is an easy thing we can do and it makes a big difference to politicians to hear from their constituents. Most of the time I do email letters and petitions but about once a month I will do letter writing too since that is much more effective (hand written letter)I have heard from organizations and politicians. I get most of my "action alerts" from Amnesty Int'l but almost any charity has some kind of letter writing campaign. Thanks for your post.

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.