Thursday, May 17, 2007

Eco Friendly Wine

So any of you who know me, know I'm not a wine snob, but I do enjoy a glass now and then. And it would be fun to visit some winery's someday (wink, wink). :)

So as I sit here in my wine induced stupor, I wonder... what the HECK happened to my tolerance?! Any of you Mommies notice a change in that after babies? Or is it just me?!

But anyway, at least I have indulged in an eco-friendly wine. Since I am clueless when it comes to picking out wines, I thought I'd follow the buying tip in "The Better World Shopping Guide" (which I still have Sarah, I need to either get it back to you or pass it on to Sarah if she still wants it, and that's ok with you), they rated Fetzer a top pick. After checking out their website, I can see why.

4 comments:

jellybeanmichelle said...

I know we have at least one bottle of Fetzer. Don't know what year it is. But, I could, if I remember, bring it to our next meeting.

Erica said...

Wow, they do sound like a great company! I'll have to get me some of that!

Eco-Mom said...

Wish I could drink the stuff still. Headaches!!!! Doesn't matter if it's red or white. Oh well. My new love is Ace Perry Cider (ever since Zima messed with their formula - I am also not a beer gal anymore) I'll have to do more research on Ace, but at least they are very local.

I'll remember Fetzer next time I take a bottle to someone. We have a wedding reception next weekend, so I'll make that my first time!

And my tolerance has lowered in recent years, too. Perhaps because of motherhood.

Eco-Mom said...

Oh, and La Crema is designated a Green Business by Sonoma County. The name always makes me think of Cream Soda, not wine, but I am sure it's good stuff!

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.