Monday, May 14, 2007

Junk Mail

What?! No comments on Made in China? I was sure that would get some motors going!

Well today I finally got out the thank yous for the boys birthday party and was reminded of the cool gift that Emily gave us to help reduce junk mail, a subscription to greendimes.com

For $36 a year you can reduce your junk mail by 75-90%, and have a tree planted for you monthly. How cool is that?

A few months back I wrote to the 4 major junk mail clearing houses and that drastically cut down on our junk mail. But some still manages to make it through. Now I can just log into our account on greendimes, and type in the company I no longer want to receive stuff from. I love it. Thanks again Emily.

Oh, and I'm following in the footsteps of No Impact Man. I'm taking the weekends off from my one-a-day post. I'm about half way through, and I'm starting to loose steam a little. I think giving myself a break on the weekends will help.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey- thanks for mentioning GreenDimes in your post- we really appreciate your taking time to tell others about our services. Make sure you check the site from time to time and find out what new ideas we are working on to help make our world a better place. Take good care and thanks again for your post.
-Kendra
www.greendimes.com

Eco-Mom said...

Thanks for the greendimes post! I will definitely use them. I so want to cut down (eliminate!) junk mail I receive, and those pesky credit card offers.

And as far as the China post, well, you know I have a few opinons about this subject, but am doing some research I hope to share soon.

Sarah Michele said...

Great to know about greendimes. It was something I was interested in but was a little leery. Maybe Ill give it a try also:)

ceesutt said...

greenmommy!
its colin from greendimes and i was trying to find a place to email you with some new info bout what we're up to. sorry to use your comments form for this. send me your details when you have a moment; colin@greendimes.com or ceesutton71@gmail.com

Thanks!

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.