Wednesday, May 2, 2007

What can I bring with me?

A new habit I'm working on is to ask myself what I can bring with me when I go out (aside from all the usual baby/kid paraphernalia). Here are some examples of things I want to remember to bring with me...

* Shopping bags - Pretty much got this one down
* Produce bags - I've started re-using the plastic produce bags for produce and bulk items
* Empty containers - ie lotion bottle, that I will want to refill
* Bags to recycle at grocery store
* Stuff to drop off at thrift stores consignment shops
* Any returns, etc. that I can bring with me to consolidate trips while I'm out and about

So now it only takes me 2 hours to get out the door, but I'm sure it will get better!

1 comment:

Eco-Mom said...

It may take you two hours ot get out, but at least you only have to go out once! And once you get it down, you can shave a good 10 minutes off - ha ha (I am still accounting for the two boy time :-) ) Thanks for the tip. I still have to get the shopping bag thing down. I am going to put one in my car for the spur of the moment trips, one in Avery's stroller for the market walks, and we are hanging hooks for the others to hang by the back door. Right now we have been storing them in a cabinet... no wonder I forget them!

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.