Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Anyone up for a "green" class?

I was browsing through the City of Santa Rosa's Adventure Guide and came upon a new class called "Treating Oil Addiction: Personal Steps Towards Energy Independence." I read the description and thought it may be an interesting class. It will discuss bigger things like alternate vehicles & solar paneling your house as well as smaller things like eating locally grown, organic produce. The class is on July 18th and is $27 for residents/$37 for non-residents. I am interested, although I am not sure if I will be in town. However, I thought I'd pass the info along for others. For those with the Adventure Guide, it's on page 33. For those without, hopefully this link will work for you: http://ci.santa-rosa.ca.us/econnect/Activities/ActivitiesCourseDetails.asp?aid=220&cid=41024

2 comments:

Erica said...

Turns out we are out of town, but if anyone takes it let me know how it went!

Jennifer Krug said...

I'm going to see if Calvin wants to. Looks really interesting, and the price is right! Thanks for passing it on.

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.