Monday, May 21, 2007

Green Home

So did anyone else go on the green home tour this weekend?

We checked out 4 houses. It was a lot of fun. Cool to see that some people with tons of money are building responsibly! Seeing these green showcase houses, although not something we'll ever live in (well, I guess you never know), was inspiring. It really has me thinking more about indoor air quality and all the things we can do to make our home as healthy an environment as it can be, and in doing that we will be making earth friendly choices as well.

So I guess this one a day is not really a specific thing but more of a new found awareness.

Oh, and if anyone wants to check out the tour guide booklet, let me know. It has information about all the houses on the tour.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Dang, I would have really enjoyed that! I remember seeing something about it awhile back.

That's one aspect of green living I have always been interested in is personal health. And the connection is strong, if you do right by your body you are automatically doing right by the environment.

You'll have to tell me about it when we can finally meet up! It's been awhile...

Eco-Mom said...

I'd like to hear more, too.

Sarah Michele said...

I'm interested in hearing more as well, you'll have to give us a summary when we all see eachother next.

I agree, a lot of the changes we seem to be making have a ripple effect- impacting our heath, the environment and sometimes even our bank accounts positively. (I know some stuff is more $, but the lack of shopping for "stuff" combined with better, longer lasting choices has saved us $ for sure)

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.