Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Green Talk on KPFA

Sequoia was listening to KPFA this morning and let me know about some of the interviews they did. So I went to their website and poked around. I couldn't see transcripts, but from the titles of the segments found a cool site to check out.

www.greenopia.com

Also, they talked to the authors of "The Rough Guide to Shopping with a Conscience" by Richie Unterberger, co-author with Duncan Clark. It's on sale on Amazon and I think I might get it ($10). If I do, I'll pass it around. I am sure it will be similar to the Best Buys (Or whatever that other little one is called).

Also, they had Gay Browne from Green Media Group on. I cannot find her on Google, but through the HuffingtonPost, it says she foudned Greenopia.

However, in trying to locate Green Media Group online, I ran across a company called Green Media Toolshed. I thought of Jennifer on this one based on the meeting review notes. Seems like there was dreams for greater outreach and education... this company apparently helps others with learning how to get their voices heard.

1 comment:

Jennifer Krug said...

Site looks cool, looks like they are still building it up, like not much for SR yet, but still a good resource- especailly for planning trips to the city!

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.