Thursday, May 3, 2007

second life use

Another little thing I do is try to give envelopes and other paper a second life before the recycle bin. I use the envelopes from bills and such, plus the backs of flyers or other papers received in the mail (that do not have personal info on them) as shopping lists and other note making uses. Gives them a second use before heading to recycle. Also, I will turn printed-on paper over in the printer if the item I am printing is just for my use and get a second use of the sheet. (saves me on printing paper, too!) I'll feel even better about this practice once I restock my paper supply with 100% recycled! :-)

2 comments:

Jennifer Krug said...

I worked with a Business Office Manager who was the Queen of paper re-use. Some people in the office thought it was "tacky" but I thought it was great. Thats another one of those ideas that I think makes a lot of sence, now I just need to get a system going so recycled paper goes one place, paper to re-use goes in another...

Eco-Mom said...

That system for me so far can be described as paper clutter! :-) I, too, am working on a better system. If you think of one first, pass it on! I have a shallow basket I may use to put on the file cabinet.

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.