Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Great Period Challenge

I can't believe I'm posting this, but I'm about to throw out...

dun, dun, dun...


THE GREAT PERIOD CHALLENGE

Well come on, if that Crunchy Chicken blog can do it, so can we!

My challenge is to try something different, and do a post on it. Be brave. Whoever does... I'll buy a fair trade organic chocolate bar! There it is- that's my challenge to you. (Ohmygosh, I can't believe I'm saying this to my friends- only on a blog!)

We've talked about the Diva Cup, and Seventh Generation products. Today I picked up some Natracare natural panty liners. They don't have individual wrapings like the Seventh Generation ones did.

Alrightie, so on that note...

I'm going to be on vacation for the next week. Post away while I'm gone. Look forward to chatting when I get back.

6 comments:

Eco-Mom said...

For last month, I bought the 7th Generation tampons. They are simliar to OB's. So far, so good. I am willing to try the DivaCup... just need to get one.

Sarah Michele said...

When I ordered my cloth diapers (I switched to washing my own and quit Tidee Didee), the site also sold the Diva cup. So I snagged one since I was already paying for the shipping. Its here and waiting till next month. I have to admit it looks a little intimidating! But all I hear are raves about it so I'm giving it a go. It comes with a little storage pouch (useful)and also a lapel pin LOL. I can't imagine wearing it on a shirt in public...

Eco-Mom said...

Come on, be Diva proud!! :-)

No, I don't think I'd wear it either. Okay, now I am more pepped to get one, and maybe try the washable pads as I am sick of the tape getting stuck to me at night. Youch!

Erica said...

I almost grabbed one at Oliver's the other day, but I decided to wait until next month. They aren't as intimidating as I imagined :)

I did end up stocking up on Natracare products. The only things I used were the pads for "regular" days, and in my opinion they are more for light days... These were individually wrapped but in paper rather than plastic.

Side note: Oliver's has much better prices than Pacific for these products! I don't know about Trader Joe's or Whole Foods though.

Sarah Michele said...

I think I am going to try the washable pads or pantyliners too. Since you can throw 'em in with cloth diapers, and you use the same wash routine I feel like I should at least give it a try. I like the way the lunapads look. Kinda cute!

Jennifer Krug said...

I love how open minded you guys are. I totally expected some, "you go, Jennifer" type posts. Looks like I need to stock up on chocolate bars!

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.