Monday, April 23, 2007

Cloth Diapers...

...are even easier than I thought. The last post I did about them I said you needed to scrape the poop off (that's what the delivery guy told me). Emily said she didn't think I needed to do that. I called Tidee Didee, and she's right. I asked if the wipe could go in too. They said yes, they take all the solids out before the diapers get cleaned. Wouldn't want that job!!!

So now it's basically as easy as getting rid of a disposable. I just take the whole thing and thow it into the diaper pail. Easy!

I'm loving the cost savings of cloth too by the way. Oh, and I also took Emily's suggestion (thanks Emily) and stocked up on wraps at New to You in Sebastopol. From time to time the wrap does need to go in the wash. But it still almost always keeps everything contained. It's nice having plenty of them so if some are in the wash, or drying, I always have one handy.

2 comments:

Erica said...

You have to keep talking these cloth diapers up to me, because I'm resisting big-time :)

Sarah Michele said...

I already throw my disposables in a can on the porch, so it seems like now there really is no difference...I am so on the edge of converting!! My main goal in the Green project is less disposables... no paper plates, napkins,paper towels, plastic silverware, ziplocs, saran wrap, plastic bags, produce bags... on and on. Just less trash! So I feel like this is a logical next step... why am I so hesitant?!?!

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.