Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dishwashing

I don't have a dishwasher. It's torture some days, I tell you. But, it makes me have to think about water consumption and I finally have the solution that seems to use the least amount of water while still letting me get things clean. But, while scrubbing away this morning, reminiscing of the days I did have a machine, I thought of an energy saving tip for the rest of you lucky people: Turn off the heat dry setting. I'm sure you all have already done it. But, thought I'd share.

Also, I bought a glass bottle with oil dispensing tip to put my dish soap in. To save on soap use, I do a 1:1 ratio of the soap to water. Dishes still get clean with plenty of bubbles to spare and less product in thw water system at a time!

We already switched to the foam hand soaps for the same reason (and I like the foam!), but I am considering this with shampoo and such. My washing machine already needs only half the soap my other one did, so that helps, too.

No comments:

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.