Friday, April 20, 2007

Reusable Water Bottle




I am going to cut down on my use of plastic water bottles. We have a water filter and I fill up the water bottles many times before I recycle them, but when I found the Sigg water bottles I saw that they had many advantages to reusing plastic ones.

* Don't have to keep wondering about plastic leeching into my water
* Won't have water bottles all over the car and house
* Have my own "special" bottle, that I'll enjoy using
* Less water plastic water bottles = less strain on the earth in terms of energy, water (it takes something like 4 times as much water as is in the container to produce it), and less waste.

And the fun part... you can choose from a lot of fun designs and even pick the type of top you want. Above is the one I ordered, I can wait to get it.

Here is the link I ordered mine from, they offer free shipping.

www.swissknifeshop.com/Products/-gt-SIGG-Switzerland

3 comments:

Sarah Michele said...

These are supposedly the best bottles on the market :) I just went to mysigg.com and "designed" one for Nate for his birthday. Since he has been riding his bike its a practical present. I really want to get myself one too! But then I don't know if it would count as his present :)

jellybeanmichelle said...

This was on Oprah too, I believe.

Eco-Mom said...

They are on sale at Whole Foods. I almost got Avery one. I only saw the kids ones, but didn't look for the adult ones. Time is precious shopping so wanted to make sure to concentrate on what was on my list.

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.