Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Organic Bath Co.

Well, their products have everything I had hoped for - except they are made in China. Oh well. I'll give them away. I was looking forward to using it since I finally used up my other bath stuff today. I will be now looking at the "made in" label on everything. I would have never guessed that's where it was made.

So, my desire for a Made in China boycott (as best I can) got stronger today when I found out that the tainted pet food came from there (they apparently added melamine (a plastic) to boost protein levels) and they knew about the ingredient. And then some drugs (cough syrup) came from there that were to contain glycerin, but they substituted antifreeze because it was cheaper... and of course, the 89 kids who took it died. (the drugs ended up in another country, not here... but it's the principle.)

So read those labels and know where your stuff comes from!!!! :-)

4 comments:

Erica said...

Thanks for the tip, Debbie Downer. (Do you watch SNL?)

No, seriously though, I never heard that and it does hit hard to hear such facts about the made in china crap!

Eco-Mom said...

Okay, I don't know the Debbie Downer character, but I gather she moans about everything??? :-) Is it a current character so I can see her?

I have wondered if I am coming across strong on certain points... :-)

Erica said...

No not at all! She's a character that'll bring up really sad things out of nowhere. (I am not good at explaining; anyone know this character?) Not that you do this, but the part about 89 kids dying was so sad!

You aren't coming off strong; I really enjoy your posts! I promise you are no Debbie Downer :) The actor is still on SNL but I don't know if they do that skit anymore... Here's one of the skits in case you are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UszX_NkkOk

Anonymous said...

Such a typical "knee jerk" reaction that is clearly racist. Do you know how many crap products are made in USA? It is very bad these days, since Bush relaxed almost all regulations, that people in other countries are rightfully suspicious. "China" is not a single entity and bad product from one factory doesn't say a whole lot about the country in general. The Chinese invented organic farming and have a 10,000 year history of herbal remedies. I am Chinese/American and I find it sad the way you are so ready to paint everything non-American as bad. You have a lot to learn.

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.