Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Kid's shampoos

Finally having finished my Costco-sized J&J Baby Wash, I was ready for something natural. I spoke with someone at Whole Foods and she recommended Burt's Bees (they were sold out) and California Baby (bubble bath comes with a bubble blowing wand - the Mommy and Daddy version comes with two - wink, wink).

I chose CA Baby Tea Tree & Lavender shampoo and body wash (all-in-one) and Chamomile & Herbs bubble bath. I'll let you know how they smell out of the bottle (okay in) if I can convince Avery into the tub (bathing is the latest battle). I am hoping the bubble wand will be the deal maker! Oh and California Baby is not tested on animals, no animal ingredients, biodegrable, non-invasive, sustainable ingredients, made in the USA (CA, duh) and has no tears formula. For those who will need it, it easily removes cradle cap and removes lice (not looking forward to those times).

She said that Healthy Times has an ingredient (can't remember what one) that is not good. She thought it stupid of them to not have removed it yet. So, steer clear there.

I will miss the classic smell that Johnson & Johnson has, but looking forward to a truly cleaner little boy!

3 comments:

Erica said...

I have Burt's Bees for Abby (I love the smell) and have been using up Emma's old stuff lately. I've been wanting a shampoo and seperate conditioner since her hair is so much like mine (super fine and dry on the ends). I saw at Pacific Market the other day Jason Naturals Kids Shampoo and Conditioner that smelled really good. I've seen the California Baby one, but the conditioner smell is so strong (the shampoo is nice). I need light scents in my products; it's drives me nuts to smell like a lavendar plant or whatever. So once Emma's is used I am going to get it :)

Sarah Michele said...

I probably have a gallon of all in one washes left,so the greenest thing for me to do is to use what I have, which may take a while, and then get some better stuff. I am notorious for buying new stuff when I still have half a bottle of old stuff left. I guess its a combo of getting bored of the product and loving to shop. This time I am going to really use up every last drop of what I have before I buy something new. It'll be nice to cut out all the clutter too.

Jennifer Krug said...

I got Earth First for the boys and I like it. David likes to push the button that opens it too.

Wow Sarah, making up for lost time are you?! Keep those posts comming! :)

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.