Sunday, April 29, 2007

Eating Out Local

We celebrated our 5th anniversary tonight and when choosing a restaurant we decided to try to find a place that used local food. We found Bistro V (www.bistro-v.com) in Sebastopol. We had a WONDERFUL meal. They have an organic garden in the back of the restaurant and I ordered a salad with greens from Laguna Farms (a local CSA). It is also locally owned by the chef. The chef came out and was talking to the patrons and during our conversation he mentioned that if we enjoyed our meal that he would be grateful if we did a review on-line. He said "if you might want to come back in a year", so I got the impression they might be struggling a bit. I know the restaurant business is tough and we will continue to support the local guys, and especially the ones who make a point to use local food, as much as possible.

Oh, and for the first time a used my to-go container that I brought from home. Did I feel a little silly as I scooped the raviolis from my plate into the Rubbermaid and then put it in my purse? Yes. But I also felt good.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I'm always looking for yummy restaurants. I'll make sure to check it out soon!

jellybeanmichelle said...

Glad you had a great time!
That is one of the resturants we want to go to.

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.