Monday, April 23, 2007

OK I am Convinced...

I suppose I could have posted this on the comments of the post below, but I guess I wanted my own shiny new post for this one. I, Sarah " I will never ever do cloth diapers" Heinrich, have decided to go to the cloth :) I am going to go with a laundering service, Tidee Didee. Jennifer, Emily and my friend across the street all use them, so I feel comfortable with that. I would love some input on how many you guys order each week. I think I will start with the 80 and see how that goes...

I am excited about this because it'll be (as it was Jennifer's) my biggest Green change. I am committing to three months, hoping that by that point it'll be second nature and I wont even want to go back to disposables.

There are certain things I can't do to go Green, for example I formula feed and of course that creates a lot more waste than nursing (just to add to the bottle feeding guilt). Cloth diapering is something that I can do and I guess in a way, in my mind at least, it makes up for that formula waste just a little bit.

Anyway, Ill keep you updated! Thank you everyone for all the inspiring ideas!

8 comments:

Erica said...

Okay, come on people, you're makin' me feel bad! Just kidding :) Maybe if you like them, I'll be willing to try too. My biggest concern are the breastmilk poops. Abby's not on solids yet, and they rarely stay contained as it is. Emily, what were your experiences with cloth in the early months?

Erica said...

P.S. I forgot to say "WAY TO GO, SARAH!"

Sarah Michele said...

Awww thanks! You rock :)

Jennifer Krug said...

YEA SARAH! You know you have our support 100%. That is just so great that you are willing to give it a try. I get 50 a week and that seems to be perfect. We do disposables at night and when we go out.

Sarah Michele said...

Not sure what I was thinking with the 80, thats like 11 diapers a day! I think I will do 50 also.

Sarah Michele said...

BTW, thanks Jennifer for the support! You started this ball rollin'!

Emily said...

Hi Erica-
My experience is ...ummm...sometimes they are messy. There certainly are "spills" but not often. Usually those shells keep everything in pretty well and I agree with Jennifer that the more shells you have on hand the better because sometimes they can get poopy and you need extras. For me it was kind of a pain at first and difficult getting the hang of it but then you get used to it and its a snap and a great alternative.

Anonymous said...

When I initially left a comment I appеar to have clickеd on
the -Notify me when new comments аre aԁԁeԁ- checkbox and frоm now on every time a comment is аdded I receive
four emails with the sаme comment. There haѕ to bе а ωаy you are able to remove me fгom that
seгvice? Thank you!

My blog: Buy scrap Cars for Cash

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.