Thursday, April 5, 2007

My Favorite Green Sites

I love the internet. I love surfing, shopping and chatting online. When this Green project started I used my trusty laptop to research the topic to death. In doing so I found some really cool sites and blogs that are fun to check everyday... or whenever I can. I thought I'd share them and since I know some of you are avid surfers as well I thought you could share some of yours...

Fav Sites:
www.Treehugger.com Hate the name but love the " updated all day" news and info it gives. On the right hand side of the site are Green Guides to EVERYTHING that really simplify things.

www.idealbite.com Emails you super simple tips to be or stay green, in a very modern way.

www.epa.gov Super straight forward Environmental news if you want to keep up on the latest developments... kinda boring sometimes but I like to feel smart :)

Fav Blogs (besides this one of course!)
www.greenasathistle.com Cute name, lady is doing a green thing everyday for a year... some good ideas if we run out of some on our own.

www.noimpactman.com This guy is hilarious and is dragging his wife and 2 year old along for a TOTAL (no toilet paper ?!?) green experience that is way beyond anything I will ever accomplish. But interesting to read none the less.

Ok, Elliot is awake so thats all I can type, I don't wanna lose my post so I'm gonna publish it now... Tell me your favorites sites!!

3 comments:

Jennifer Krug said...

Looks like you've found some neat sites. Can you as a co-author add them to the green guides I put up? I'm not sure what options you have on your end. I'm working on sorting them out a little better by topic, but as you can tell it's taking me awhile to set it up.

Sarah Michele said...

The only thing I can do is post or edit my posts. Sorry about that. I hope I didn't make more work for you! You don't have to put them up in the Green Guides!

Jennifer Krug said...

I'm glad you shared and I'd be happy to add the sites, since I'm just new at all this I wasn't sure what just I have access to and what everyone else has access to also.

I'd love to see what sites othere people are looking at too. And when I have time I can't wait to check out those blogs, maybe I'll get some ideas!

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.