Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Giving credit where due

I realized that I was not giving my hubby enough credit in the green department on this blog. I thought about it more and he has been a driving force on some of the changes we have made over the years and has been very supportive of the changes I propose. I think his busy schedule the past year has made certain efforts harder for him because he's just plain exhausted. But, he is who bought our first two cloth shopping bags a few years ago and is the one who reminds me to bring them to the store... of which I have not been good doing until recently.

It was even his suggestion to do more clean-up activities. We particpated in the annual coastal clean-up my first Sept at Lucasfilm and had a lot of fun (and won $500 for most unusual object found - a Civil War era wooden boot sole with some nail heads and leather still attached!). We had big plans to do more of it on our own, but I got pregnant and well, got busy and distracted! I know we both would love to get involved again, maybe when Avery is a little more manageable in such an activity and when he can really be helpful in the process. We think it will be a great learning tool for him, for sure!

Maybe someday in the future, when we have the time or energy (seems so far away!), we can all do some "adopt a spot thing" (or whatever) in the name of Green Mommies! (well, maybe Green Families)

4 comments:

Erica said...

Go Sequoia!

Sarah Michele said...

They have a program through the community center, (I saw the flyer at Tiny Tots) where you can adopt a space in Santa Rosa to maintain. I think it would be a great learning opportunity for all of our kids. I always think about what memories my two kids will have of their childhood (I had very few positive ones) and I think a community project like that would be really influential, and full of good memories with family and friends. I'll grab the flyer at his class tomorrow.

Jennifer Krug said...

Well with a name like Sequoia, how could he not be at least a little bit green?!

I think it would be great to do some sort of project like that. I was just looking at this web site, www.kab.org- Keep America Beautiful.

An the tip from Ideal Bite a couple days back was about picking up litter when you see it. I think that's a great habbit to get in to.

Eco-Mom said...

Hey, I did it yesterday in your yard! :-) I will try to think about having a bag in Avery's stroller so I can have something to put trash in as we see it on ours walks.

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.