Saturday, April 21, 2007

Teach Children to Love the Earth




In honor of my boy's birthday, today's post is about teaching them to love the earth. Part of loving the earth is doing small things to take care of her. I know that's what we've all been trying to do. At the same time I do this I want to help them to develop earth-friendly habits. It warmed my heart the other day when I had been running the water a bit too long, and David looked at me with a very serious look on his face and said, "Mommy, don't waste the water." The other part of teaching them to love the earth is to let them enjoy the outdoors. I think this includes getting them out into nature as often as possible. Our family plans on making that a priority this summer. In the past I have not been a real enthusiastic camper, but I'm really going to try to get into it, for them. And hey, I bet I'll end up having a great time too. We also want to become a biking family. I think that will be a fun way to enjoy the outdoors more as well.

A couple other things...

The Oprah yesterday on green living was really good. You can check out www.oprah.com for tips if you missed the show.

and

Have a HAPPY EARTH DAY tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.