Thursday, April 5, 2007

Reuse

So today at my trip to Whole Foods I wanted a coffee and I forgot to bring my commuter mug but I had a Starbucks cup in the car from yesterday so I brought that in and had them put my coffee in it. I was kind of hesitant, I thought they might not want to use a Starbucks cup, or think it was weird I was bringing in a used paper cup- but the gal seemed like she could care less.

When I first started shopping with cloth bags that I bought at Oliver's (that said Oliver's on them) I was concerned that other stores might not like me advertising for them. But my experience has been that the checkers really don't care. Or they think it's great I'm saving a bag. I've only had one bagger who acted like it was a pain.

The act of using that paper cup twice before I recycled it was small, but it's the small things that add up, right?!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Good for you for using cloth bags when shopping. I know it took me a long time to finally develop a system for remembering to have them with me when I arrived at the store. After loading kids in the car and everything that goes a long with that craziness, I would pull up to the store and kick myself for not remembering the bags. So I finally have learned that I just need to keep a big supply of bags in my trunk so I don't even have to think about it when i am getting ready to go to the store. It has worked out well for me since then.

jellybeanmichelle said...

You know the cardboard box that sandwich bags come in? It was empty, and I was looking for something to put some Easter candy in from my in-laws. Well, it made a wonderful candy holder. Once the candy is gone, I can recycle it.

Welcome Visitors!

If you're reading for the first time, it may feel a bit like you've just walked into a conversation that has been going on for awhile.

So to catch you up...

Jennifer started this blog because she was going through the process of becoming more conscious of her lifestyle choices and had decided to "go green". As she talked to her friends she quickly realized that she was not the only one interested in making changes. The blog was born. We used this as a place to discuss things we've tried and to support each other in the journey.